As an interested applicant for the Apprenticeship Program, it is your responsibility to complete all of the following mandatory requirements:
- Provide copies of proof of age (minimum 17 years of age). Birth certificate preferred (Driver’s License, Passport or Green Card are also acceptable).
- Provide copies of documentation of high school graduation and transcript for high school, or completion of a GED with applicable scores. (High school seniors must provide transcripts and a letter from their schools stating that they are eligible to graduate within three months).
- Applicants must provide proof of satisfactory completion of a pre-job preparatory course in Carpentry of at least six (6) months, such as United Brotherhood of Carpenters (UBC), Job Corps, or other approved carpentry pre-apprentice or apprentice preparatory course.
- Verifiable Proof of having worked a minimum of 1,500 hours in the carpentry trade would qualify an applicant as having met the minimum educational requirements. Applicant must provide proper documentation that defines their experience in the trade. This documentation must be comprised of official documents such as tax/payroll records notarized letters of experience confirmation and sworn statements.
Optional / Supplemental Documentation:
As an interested party for the Apprenticeship Program you may choose to submit any or all – of the following supplemental documents to enhance your application:
- Submit a training achievement record (TAR) to verify UBC Job Corps training and/or experience if you wish to receive consideration for such training/experience.
- Submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if a veteran and if you wish to receive consideration for such training/experience.
- Provide evidence of successful completion of an OSHA 10 for Construction if you wish to receive consideration for such training/experience.
- Provide evidence of having a valid driver’s license.
- Provide any other documentation or information such as letters of recommendation, personal merit citations, achievement awards, etc. that the applicant would like the sponsor to consider.